Here’s a situation: your current air conditioner has just stopped working, and you’ll need to have it repaired as soon as possible. Right? Or, is it a better deal to just purchase a new air conditioning unit?
Every situation is different. However, there are some things you can think about before making your decision and calling King Heating and Cooling. We’re the South Side’s HVAC experts, and our industry-certified technicians can help you decide between replacement and repair.
When to consider AC repair
- If your system still has life ahead of it: If your air conditioner is less than ten years old, it may not be time to throw in the towel just yet. Most cared-for AC systems can last past 15 years, so getting rid of your current system may not be as appealing if it hasn’t reached the peak of its lifespan.
- If the repair is a one-off affair: If this repair is a one-time thing that isn’t likely to become a recurring issue, it might be worth fixing the system. When you have a professional from King Heating and Cooling look over your system, be sure to ask them what they think. If they indicate that there’s other damage that could cause further breakdowns, that should probably come into your decision-making process.
- If you can get professional help for a great price: Before you start adding up the price of repairs on the calculator, consider that King Heating and Cooling offers regular specials and coupons for our services that may make a repair far more feasible.
- If you like your air conditioner: This is more important than most people think. If you really like the cooling power of your air conditioner and your current electricity bills, it makes sense to put the money into the system to keep it running. Of course, the opposite may be true. Again, every cooling situation is different. If you’re struggling to weigh the positives and negatives, ask the professionals.
When to consider AC replacement
- If the price is right: It’s true for repairs, and it’s true for new air conditioning systems, as well. King Heating and Cooling regularly offers special deals on new AC installations, and we can match you to the right system for your cooling needs. If the cost of your repair even begins to approach the cost of a new system, don’t hesitate to opt for the new air conditioner. You may even make up the cost gap in energy savings!
- If you need something more efficient: Nevermind the system breaking. Even before your old air conditioner stopped working, it was leading to some eye-popping electricity bills. For an older system, there’s only so much that regular maintenance can do. Eventually, a new system may make sense on the grounds of energy efficiency alone.
- You want to boost your home’s resale value: Even if you’re not planning on selling your home right now, a new air conditioner can increase your home’s value if you do have to move. It could even be the difference between making a sale or just missing out.
No matter what you decide, King can help
Need to talk to a trained and experienced technician? Just ask King. We can help match you to the perfect AC system for you, your family, and your cooling needs. We also offer financing to customers with qualifying credit—learn more about this program.