Plumbing | Plumbing Repair | Water Heaters | Drain Cleaning
What are tankless water heaters?
As their name implies, tankless water heaters don’t carry water in a tank like standard water heaters do. Instead, they are demand-type systems: they heat water as needed for your home, by running water past heating within the system. This essentially means that tankless water heaters can supply an unlimited amount of hot water. This makes them a great fit for households with large families that need to get ready in the morning.
While tankless water heaters do cost more upfront than standard water heaters, they do have multiple benefits that make up for the higher cost:
- Energy Efficiency: Tankless water heaters are also more than 30% more energy efficient than standard water heaters. This could mean that you save more than $100 a year on energy. Over two decades, that’s $2,000 saved on energy alone.
- Longer System Life: Standard water heaters last just a little more than a decade. However, a tankless system can easily last twice that. The higher cost of a tankless water heater may be offset by having to replace them further down the road.
- No Risk Of Tank Bursts: It’s every homeowner’s nightmare: their water heater bursts while they’re not home, flooding their home, garage, or basement. Since they don’t have tanks, tankless systems can’t burst in this way. The peace of mind alone justifies the cost.
Is it time to upgrade to a tankless water heater?
On average, standard water heaters last between 10-15 years before needing to be replaced. However, if yours is older than that, you many want to consider upgrading to a new standard or tankless water heater. Here are just some of the problems you might encounter running an older water heater:
- Reduced energy-efficiency: Your water heater may not heat water efficiently anymore, costing you more on your monthly energy bills. These costs can begin to add up. Upgrading to a new tankless water heater could yield major savings.
- Reduced heating performance: After two decades of service, your water heater may not be able to keep up with the demand put on it by your family. If you find your home running out of hot water or the refresh taking forever, call King to upgrade.
- Increased risk of tank bursting: As time passes, the risk of a standard water heater bursting or cracking increase. Water, plus heat, plus age, could equal eventual disaster. If you notice cracks or leaking water from the tank, call King immediately.
Choose King for your water heater needs
King Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has been serving Chicago’s South Side communities—including Orland Park, Oak Lawn, and Joliet—for more than 50 years. We’re your local, trusted water heater experts, and we’re proud to install advanced tankless water heaters that help homeowners save money and stay comfortable, all year long.
King is committed to our customers. We offer 24/7 emergency water heater repair, and our certified plumbers arrive at every job ready to inspect the problem, identify a fix, and get the job done. We back all of their work with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Ready to upgrade to a new tankless water heater? Give King a call today at (708) 687-6898.