Chicago is known for its unpredictable weather, especially in the winter, which is why it is important to make sure that your furnace is in good working order. There is nothing worse than being without heat on a bitterly, cold winter day. More often than not, homeowners are wondering what is needed to ensure their home is prepared for the weather. To ensure that your unit is its best working order, schedule your furnace repair today.
Why is furnace repair crucial?
Furnaces require regular maintenance to ensure they are working efficiently when warming your home. When your avoid regular tuneups and furnace repair, your run the risk of seeing an increase in your energy bills, spotty heat throughout your home, and having to replace your unit before you are ready to. Call a professional to inspect and repair your furnace and to help to keep your family safe and warm all winter long.
- Lower energy bills: Want to save a couple hundred dollars on your energy bills annually? Having routine maintenance and furnace repairs done will allow your furnace to breathe and run more efficiently, which means less energy being used to warm your home.
- Safer home: By ignoring routine maintenance and repairs, potential safety hazards could go unnoticed. The smallest traces of dirt could start a fire that could leave your home in flames.
- Prolongs the life of your unit: When regular maintenance and repairs are conducted on your furnace, you help to not only extend the life of your unit, but you also help to maintain the warranty on your furnace.
When does your furnace need repaired?
More often than not, furnace repairs are needed before your unit breaks down. Leading up to it, there are warning signs pointing to a larger problem that often goes unnoticed. To avoid costly repairs or having to replace your furnace, keep in mind these crucial warning signs of a furnace that is working overtime to warm your home.
- Increase in energy usage: Are your energy bills getting higher and higher every month your furnace is running? This points to a furnace that is not running as efficiently as it should, which leads to an increase in energy usage. Having a tech to your home to perform a tune-up or furnace repair could help to save you money.
- Home isn’t staying warm: Is one room warmer than the other? Are you experiencing pockets of air within your home? If this is the case, it is likely that your furnace is having mechanical issues where it can no longer maintain the temperature of your home.
- Have avoided furnace maintenance: If you avoid regular maintenance on your furnace, it is time to call in the experts to review and maintain your unit to make sure everything is in good working order for the cold months.
How to select a contractor to repair your furnace?
Furnace repairs are often needed when you least expect it, and when they arise, you want to find a contractor you trust to repair the problem. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration before you hire a company to come into your home. If you are getting ready to select a HVAC contractor, keep in mind these three factors.
- Experienced and Certified: When researching for a contractor, you will want to select a company that has trained and certified professionals. You will want someone who can do the job right the first time.
- Well Reviewed: Read through the online reviews of the contractors you are researching. Customers who take the time to leave reviews feel strongly about their experience (whether is is good or bad), so you can trust what you read.
- Competitive Estimates: You do not want to select the company with the lowest quote. A lower quote generally points to a company with a lower quality of service. Instead of looking for a company that offers you a low quote, look for a company that offers you a competitive quote to other companies.
Here at King Heating and Cooling, we believe that quality is king. That is why we employ the very best in our industry. With over 45 years of experience, we take our time to ensure you always have heat in your home.
If it is time to schedule your furnace repair, schedule your appointment with someone from our team. We are available 24/7, 365 days a year to take care of you.